libao version 0.8.0 - 20010804
declared in "ao/ao.h";
Open a live playback audio device for output.
- The ID number of the driver as returned by either
- Pointer to a struct describing the sample format. The caller retains ownership of this structure.
- A linked list of options to be passed to the driver or NULL if no options
are needed. Unsupported options are ignored.
non-NULL pointer inicates success. This pointer must be passed in subsequent
calls to ao_play() and
NULL indicates failure. errno will contain the specific cause of the failure:
- AO_ENODRIVER - No driver corresponds to driver_id.
- AO_ENOTLIVE - This driver is not a live output device.
- AO_EBADOPTION - A valid option key has an invalid value.
- AO_EOPENDEVICE - Cannot open the device (for example, if /dev/dsp cannot be
opened for writing).
- AO_EFAIL - Any other cause of failure.
File output drivers cannot be used with this function. Use ao_open_file() instead.