Help for Harvest Broker Administration
Broker allows dynamic control of many functions.
The simplest way to access this control is through the HTML/Forms
Changes to the broker configuration are not saved when the broker is
restarted. Permanent changes to the broker configuration should be done
through the broker.conf file.
- Select an administrative command. See below for a description of
- Specify parameters for those commands that need them.
- The administrative password.
- Broker Host
- The host where the broker is running.
- Broker Port
- The port where the broker is listening.
- Add objects by file
- Add object(s) to the Broker. The parameter is a list of
filenames that contain SOIF object to be added to the Broker.
- Close log
- Flush all accumulated log information and close the current log
file. Causes the Broker to stop logging. No parameters.
- Compress Registry
- Performs garbage collection on the Registry file. No parameters.
- Delete expired objects
- Deletes any object from the Broker whose Time-to-Live
has expired. No parameters.
- Delete objects by query
- Deletes any object(s) that matches the given query. The parameter
is a query with the same syntax as user queries.
Query flags are currently unsupported.
- Delete objects by oid
- Deletes the object(s) identified by the given OID numbers.
The parameter is a list of OID numbers. The OID numbers
can be obtained by using the
- Disable log type
- Disables logging information about a particular type of event. The
parameter is an event type. See Enable log type for a
list of events.
- Enable log type
- Enables logging information about a particular type of events. The
parameter is the name of an event type. Currently, event types
are limited to the following:
- Log updated objects.
- Log deleted objects.
- Log refreshed objects.
- Log user queries.
- Log objects returned from a query.
- Log objects removed by the cleaner.
- Log collection events.
- Log administrative events.
- Log the results of administrative events.
- Log bulk transfer events.
- Log objects sent by bulk transfers.
- Log cleaning events.
- Log registry compression events.
- Log all events.
- Flush log
- Flush all accumulated log information to the current log file.
- Generate statistics
- Generates some basic statistics about the Broker object database.
- Index changes
- Index only the objects that have been added to the recently.
- Index corpus
- Index the entire object database. No parameters.
- Open log
- Open a new log file. If the file does not exist, create a new
one. The parameter is the name (relative to the broker) of a
file to use for logging.
- Restart server
- Force the broker to reread the Registry and reindex the corpus.
This does not actually kill the broker process.
No parameters. This is usually used only for Replica brokers.
- Rotate log file
- Rotates the current log file to LOG.YYMMDD. Opens a new log file.
- Set variable
- Sets the value of a broker configuration variable. Takes two
parameters, the name of a configuration variable and the new
value for the variable. The configuration variables that can be
set are those that occur in the broker.conf file.
The change only is valid until the broker process dies.
- Shutdown server
- Cleanly shutdown the Broker. No parameters.
- Start collection
- Perform collections. No parameters.
$Id: adminhelp.html,v 2.3 2000/02/03 12:45:56 sxw Exp $